Daniel Lees Fryer is associate professor of English at Østfold University College, Norway. His teaching and research interests include linguistics, social semiotics, multimodality, and discourse analysis, especially in the areas of scientific/medical discourse, the discourses of social movements, and human-nonhuman animal relations.
Recent and Forthcoming
- Articles in Klassekampen and Radikal Portal: Is the State the Solution? and London Poll Tax Riot 30 Years On (both in Norwegian)
- Article for PanMeMic Research Collective: Love and Mutual Aid in the Time of Corona
- Book chapters: Forming a New Song within the Shell of the Old and Grieg in the Henhouse
- Research article: #AllCatsAreBeautiful: Ambient Affiliation and the Visual-Verbal Representation and Appreciation of Cats in Online Subversive Discourses
- Book: Engagement in Medical Research, New York: Routledge
- Performance: “Ghosts of Finnskogen” at Finnskogutstillingen (video links coming soon)